Monday, March 24, 2008

Speedy Salsa and Chicken Quesadilla

Thank Heavens for Kraft recipes. My daughter has been sick all day and I was searching for something quick, easy and yummy to fix for dinner. I found this off of another blog but it is originally off of http://www.kraftfoods.com/ It was so easy and surprisingly really good!

1/2 cup thick 'n chunky salsa
2 Tbsp. sour cream
1/2 tsp. chili powder
8 flour tortillas
3 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up
1 cup Kraft mexican style shredded four cheese

Combine salsa, sour cream, and chili powder. Spread evenly on bottom halves of tortillas. Top with chicken and cheese.
Fold tortillas in half to enclose filling
Cook in skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat 4-5 min on each side or until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut each quesadilla into three wedges to serve.

*The recipe actually calls for 2 Tbsp. miracle whip dressing instead of sour cream, but it was recommended on the other blog to use sour cream! So I used sour cream and it was great.
**I also served it with sour cream on the side to dip the quesadilla in.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yum that sounds good! I LOVE Quesadillas. I will have to try this.