Monday, March 10, 2008

Chicken Parmesan Bundles


I tried this from the fall 2007 Kraft Food and Family magazine- it was great, I thought, but I think next time I wouldn't use all of the package of spinach- it was a little much. My children ate just the chicken, but Dana and I ate it all!

I would make it again, for sure, but not for a little while- Dana says it's not in his "top 10"- whatever that means!


Chicken Parmesan Bundles


4 oz Cream cheese, softened

1pkg (10oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained

1 1/4 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese,divided

6 Tbsp. Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided

6 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness

1 egg

10 Ritz crackers, crushed

1 /12 cups spaghetti sauce, heated


Preheat oven to 375. Mix cream cheese, spinach, 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and 3 Tbsp of the parmesan cheese until wel blended; spread evenly onto chicken breasts. Starting at one of the short ends of each breast, roll up chicken tightly, secure with toothpick. Set aside


Beat egg in shallow bowl. Mix remaining 3 Tbsp parmesan cheese and the cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowl. Dip chicken bundles in egg, then roll in crumb mixture. Place seam-side down in 13 x 9 baking dish, sprayed with cooking spray.


Bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove and discard toothpicks. Serve with the spaghetti sauce and 1/4 cup of remaining mozzarella cheese.


Makes 6 servings.


I have to say that it sounds like a lot of steps, but it is really fairly easy to do, and I even removed the toothpicks after I placed them in the pan. They held together just fine, and I increased the cooking to 35 minutes, just to be safe.


Enjoy!!

No comments: