Thursday, March 27, 2008

Indoor S'mores


This recipe is from the back of the "Golden Grahams" box. **Note: The recipe below is as written on the box. I didn't have any corn syrup and I got the idea to substitute with Peanut Butter (same amount). They were SO GOOD and I highly recommend making them with peanut butter. I took them to a play group today.

8 cups Golden Grahams cereal (basically one 12 oz box)
6 cups mini marshmallows, divided (basically one whole bag)
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips (I used a whole bag)
1/4 cup light corn syrup
5 TBSP butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Measure cereal into a large bowl. In a double boiler, put 5 cups marshmallows, chocolate, corn syrup and butter and melt together. When melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal and toss/stir to coat. Stir in 1 cup marshmallows. Press mixture into a greased 9 X 13 pan with a greased spatula. Let stand at least one hour or refrigerate for a firmer bar. Cut into 24 bars and ENJOY!!!

I forgot to take a picture until afterward and what you see in the picture above is all that was left!

Nutritional Info: (I know, you don't really want to know....) 1 bar: 180 calories, 6 g. fat, 0 fiber.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, I ate 2 of these, and hardly anything else- they were sooooo good!! I love the PB substitute- made a yummy treat even yummier!

Traci Elizabeth said...

How funny, I bought golden grahams on sale the other day and saw the recipe and was wondering what they tasted like!! Now I am definately going to try them!