Amanda....I got this recipe out of the ALLRECIPES.COM top recipe magazine. I haven't tried it, but it was a category finalist in the category of "kid pleaser recipes". Its kind of a cool idea because kids can eat it with their hands!!
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 38 min
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 12, 1/2 cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook elbow macaroni in boiling water. Drain and return to the saucepan. Stir in the butter and the egg.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, oil and salt. Mix and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine milk, and 1 cup of each of the cheeses and the macaroni mixture. Pour the macaroni mixture into the prepared muffin tins. Top with the remaining cheeses and then the bread crumb mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 30-45 minutes, or until topping is nicely browned.
- Let me know if you end up using this how it turns out!!! ** the magazine said that these are a great option to send with your kids in their lunchboxes!