Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Easy Sausage Tortellini Soup

The first time I made this soup ( a few months ago)... Cameron's response was "you should share this recipe with all of your friends". He loved it. I then gave the recipe to my mom and my dad is obsessed with it now. Its is super easy to make and tastes really good. I generally make it with some home made drop biscuits, but when I am stressed for time I just buy store bought! Enjoy!

  • 1 pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed
  • 4 cups chicken broth
  • 2 (8 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
  • 2 cups coarsely shredded cabbage
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 (14 ounce) package uncooked cheese tortellini (buy the refrigerated type in the cheese isle)
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • grated parmesan cheese

Brown the sausage over medium heat in a dutch oven or soup pot. Drain fat and return sausage to pot. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10-15 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Serve with Parmesan cheese!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I made this for dinner the other night and it was beyond delicious! I can't believe how complex the flavor was for such a quick and easy meal. Thanks for posting the recipe!