- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup whole kernal corn
- 1 cup white hominy
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into pieces
- tortilla chips
- monterey jack cheese
In a medium stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlice in oil until soft. Stir in the chili powder, oregano, tomatoes, broth and water. Bring to boil and simmer 5-10 minutes.
Stir in the corn, hominy, chiles, beans, cilantro, and cooked chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls and top with monterey cheese and serve with tortilla chips.