- 1 (16 ounce) box whole-wheat pasta, shells or macaroni
- 6 strips bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large leaves romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup bacon-flavored ranch dressing
Bring 6 quarts salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook 9 minutes, until just tender. Drain and rinse under cold water until pasta reaches room temperature. Place into a large bowl. Cover and set aside.
Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 10 minutes; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon into pasta.
Add tomatoes to pasta. Cut lettuce leaves in half lengthwise, then roll into a tight cigar; slice into 1/2 inch shreds and add to pasta. Add mozzarella to pasta.
In a separate bowl, combine pesto and dressing. Pour over pasta and stir to coat. Refrigerate at least 1 hour, until chilled. Enjoy!