Thursday, February 28, 2008

"Just Like Cafe Rio Chicken"

I love this recipe!! Super easy! This recipe makes a lot so just scale it down to what you need!

1 small bottle Kraft Zesty Italian dressing
1 Tablespoon chili powder
1 Tablespoon cumin
3 cloves minced garlic
5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast

Put all ingredients in crock-pot on low for 4 hours, shred meat and cook for one hour more.

Tonight I made it just for Cameron and I, this is how I scaled it down for just the two of us.

1/2 small bottle dressing
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 clove minced garlic
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

I put it in the crock pot for 2 hours, shredded it and cooked it for 1 hour more.

This is great for crunchy tacos. My tacos include corn tortillas, black beans, the cafe rio chicken, tomatoes, monterey jack cheese, and sour cream. YUMMY!!

5 comments:

nicole said...

I need to try this. Oh and Traci the chicken enchiladas I made were awesome. Brach loved them. Shred the chicken though.

everyday katie said...

I'm on my way to the store..and this is on my list.

Amanda B. said...

this sounds good- I want to try it!

jeanine said...

I made this tonight. It was awesome! Thank you!

Amanda B. said...

I finally tried it last night and it was excellent! Everyone loved it! I used light dressing and also, I didn't pay good attention to the labels of my seasonings and put paprika in instead of chili powder. When I realized it, I fished out as much of the paprika as I could (I hadn't stirred it yet) but couldn't get it all, then still added the chili powder. It was still excellent! :)