Thursday, February 28, 2008

Chocolate Covered Potato Chips

They look gross, its a wierd combination, and totally unhealthy. But they're strangely scrumptuous.





Simple instructions.

Ingredients:
Strong potato chips (these are ridged Lays)
Chocolate chips (these are milk chocolate, 1 bag)-one bag doesn't go far-which is probably a good thing. mini m&ms and/or sprinkles

1-Melt chocolate. I used a double boiler (the makeshift kind), but I'm sure you can nuke them.
2-Dunk. Remember to scrape the edges to get it all off the pan-the chip is the perfect scoop.
3-Put on wax paper.
4-Put the goods on while chocolate is still melted. (I love it that you can make these work for any occasion depending on the sprinkles you use.)

*I went through the bag and chose the biggest and most whole chips I could find...the rejects are on the side.

You should also know that other recipes suggest you double dunk the chips-fully cover the chip top and bottom and drizzle with white chocolate.

5 comments:

Traci Elizabeth said...

I am so intrigued!!!!!! I am going to make them next week!

Autumn said...

Hey Traci. Thanks for letting me participate in this. I suppose this should probably be a dessert-though it seems too casual to be a dessert. I guess you can decide. I didn't know how you'd feel about adding categories. Obviously I did for the breakfast recipe above. Maybe I should have left it blank and let you edit it? I'm not for sure how you'd feel? Please feel free to change it as you please. Thanks!

Traci Elizabeth said...

Girl...do what you want!!! I am so not a nazi. Add what you want..delete what you want, I am just glad to get new recipes!! Thanks!

everyday katie said...

Can't wait to try this. I've heard good things about chocolate and potato chips. Plus it's looks cute. Always a plus when making treats.

Amanda B. said...

these were so good at play group! You can't eat just one! I said I was only going to eat 2.... Let's just say I think I blew the week. Oh well. :)