Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

this recipe is my sister in laws, Nicole. Its super quick and easy and yummy. Both my mom and my older sister have requested this recipe after trying it! Enjoy.

2 big chicken breasts
1 can of corn
2 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce ( I use La Victoria, 1 red and 1 green)
1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
10-15 corn tortillas cut in 1/2 inch strips
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese


  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  • Cook chicken (Nicole boils it, I microwave it)
  • spray 8 inch pan with pam
  • shred chicken and mix together with corn, sauce, and green chiles. Mix well.
  • Spoon 1/4 of mix into dish. Top with 1/3 of tortillas. Repeat layers ending with mix on top.
  • Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes (or until heated through)
  • Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes
I sometimes put olives in it as well. I serve it with spanish rice, sour cream, and tortilla chips

No comments: