So, it has been slow on here- I think with the heat there hasn't been many people cooking. I made a yummy dish tonight that I would like to share. I got the recipe from the person who cooked the meals at girls camp when I went as a leader this year. It is way easy and very creamy and yummy. I forgot to take a picture until it was too late, but it looks just like a lasagna dish when it comes out of the oven. It tastes similar to lasagna, but creamy and so much faster and easier to make!!!
1 20 oz pkg Tortellini
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground ital. saus.
4 oz. cream cheese (I use light)
1 reg. jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese (shaker can)
-Preheat oven to 350.
1) Brown beef/sausage and drain. Put back in pan and add sauce- simmer on low.
2) While browning meat, boil tortellini according to pkg directions. Drain.
3) Put tortellini back in pan. Dice cream cheese and put in pan with tortellini and stir until cheese is mostly melted and spread evenly among tortellini (if you really want it thick and creamy, throw in the whole bar- but it will be thick!)
4) Layer in square baking dish lasagna style- sauce, tortellini, sauce, mozz cheese, parm cheese, tortellini, sauce, mozz cheese, parm cheese.
5) Bake uncovered for approx. 20 min. or until heated through and cheese is melted.