Sunday, February 15, 2009

The Best No-Bake Cheesecake!!

I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. I followed a couple of the recommendations at the end of the recipe and I believe that this is the best no-bake cheesecake recipe I have made/tried! It is so so so easy and very yummy! Here is the recipe with the variations I used:

Crust:
3/4 cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
3/4 cup pecan sandies cookie crumbs
6 TBSP butter- melted
3 TBSP white sugar

-combine ingredients and press into a pie pan or springform pan.

Filling:

2- 8oz. pkgs. cream cheese-softened
1/3 cup white sugar
1 TBSP lemon juice
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream- whip with mixer before mixing in with other ingredients!!

-beat the cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar and lemon juice in a bowl. Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl and then fold into the cream cheese mixture. Spread over crust. Top as desired and chill until firm.

Topping (if desired):
-1/2 cup sliced strawberries

-or, as pictured above- I forgot to buy strawberries, so I melted together 1/4 cup Peanut Butter with 1/2 cup chocolate chips and drizzled over the cheesecake.

Enjoy!!!

No comments: