Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slow Cooker Italian Beef


My sister got this recipe from her friend and made it for Christmas dinner. It was SOOOOOO good that I had to get the recipe and make it as well. It is super good and super easy. It tastes really good on a yummy roll with or without cheese, such as provolone/pepper jack/or swiss. It is pictured on a hot dog bun because that is what I happened to have when I made it and wanted to use them up. I would give it 5 stars- the picture doesn't do it justice-try it!

3 Cups Beef Broth (I use low sodium broth)
1 Tsp of each of the following:
-salt (may want to use less, if desired)
-pepper
-oregano
-basil
-onion powder
-dried parsley
-garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced)
2 pkgs dry Italian Salad dressing mix
5 lb. chuck roast

Combine all ingredients, except the roast in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir well. Place roast in a crock pot and pour the liquid in the sauce pan over it. Cook on low 10 hours. Remove meat and pull apart (will be very easy- will be very moist and tender). Put meat back in crock pot and cook on low 2 hours more.

*note- When I took the meat out to pull apart, I also poured the liquid into a bowl. When I put the meat back in, I poured back in the amount of liquid I wanted and didn't use it all.
*also- due to the long cook time, I put it in before going to bed and let it cook over night. Then, at dinner time, all I had to do was heat it back up! It worked great!

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

kori said...

Looks delicious, I'm very excited to try it.

Traci Elizabeth said...

YUMMY!

Traci Elizabeth said...

I made this tonight and it was so yummy!!! I halved it. And instead of heating it on low for 10hours, I heated on high for 4 hours and then I shredded it and put it on low for 2 hours. It was really good. my 2 year old LOVED it. I put mine on deli style rolls with swiss cheese and then I broiled them. YUMMY! Thanks for a great recipe.

kori said...

This was fantastic. My husband said this was in the running for his next birthday meal. My niece who doesn't eat meat had 3 helpings. Thanks, I think everyone should try it.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,