Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enchiladas


When I first heard about these enchiladas I was skeptical because they are not like any enchiladas I've had before. My husbands family has been making them for years, and they are great. It's cheap, easy, and feeds a ton of people.
Sauce
3 tbs oil
2 onions finely chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
4 cans crushed tomatos (reg. size 14-15 oz)
1 tsp vinegar
3 Tbs chili powder
2 Tbs sugar
Toppings
cheese
onions
Corn tortillas
Fry onion and garlic in oil. Add tomatoes and cook until thick. Add rest of ingredients.
Fry tortillas in hot oil to desired crispiness. Place tortilla on plate cover with sauce, cheese, and fresh onions. My husband likes to place another tortilla on top and again cover with sauce, cheese, and onions. Enjoy!
Other variations:
Sauce can be made to taste. The original recipe called for 8 Tbs chili powder, but that was too much for the kids. You can play around with it.
Sour cream can be served on top also.

1 comment:

Traci Elizabeth said...

I remember you telling me about these...I must try.