- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 1 tbs sugar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat oven to 200.
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar. Let sit for 5 min. Add oil.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet one cup at a time until ball forms.
- Spray the inside of a separate large metal bowl with cooking spray. Put ball of dough inside and cover with plastic wrap (also coated with cooking spray).
- Turn off oven and place metal bowl in oven for 40 min.
- Remove dough and pound down.
- Preheat pizza stone at 450.
- Roll out dough to make crust (makes 2 pizzas).
- Top with favorite pizza toppings and bake 8-10 min. (until crust is golden brown) at 450.
We've also made it with the standard pizza toppings, with alfredo sauce and chicken, and with yummy fresh tomato and fresh basil from our garden.