Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos...

I don't like Jalapenos. But, my hubby LOVES them. More than that..he loves these. He rates them a 9.5 out of 10! I made them for him the first time on Friday and he has asked for them every day since. They are great to take to a party as a side! And they are the easiest thing ever....THREE INGREDIENTS! Again, these are the Pioneer Womans recipe, take a look at her blog for step by step photos.

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
Bacon
Jalapenos
Cream Cheese

Cut a jalapeno in half. Remove all seeds and membranes. Fill each half generously with cream cheese. Cut a slice of bacon in half. Wrap one half around each jalapeno and put a tooth pick through to keep in tact. Place them on a pan with a rack so the grease can escape (I used a cookie rack with a baking sheet). Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes!

***The pioneer woman uses 1/3 of a piece of bacon for each jalapeno half..I used 1/2.

1 comment:

Michael J. Hultquist said...

Yep, these are a GREAT for the grill. I have a similar recipe in my Jalapeno Madnesscookbook and even made them again this weekend for a group of friends. Nice!