Thursday, June 4, 2009

Panera Fuji Apple Walnut Chicken Salad

I've also been craving Panera's awesome salad. I haven't had it for a year but when I had it I promised myself to find a wanna-be recipe. This is pretty good. Here's where I found it. (Note-delicious apple chips found at Odd Lots for $1!) I didn't make the dressing, I just bought a raspberry vinagrette.

This apple walnut chicken salad is a delightful main course, or omit the chicken and serve it as a first course green salad.

Fuji Apple Walnut Chicken Salad

  • 6 cups mixed field greens (such as arugula, radicchio, curly endive, etc.)
  • 1-1/2 cup cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken breast
  • 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
  • 2 oz. apple chips

ForApple White Balsamic Vinaigrette:

  • 2 Tbsp. apple juice concentrate
  • 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
  • 1 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
  • 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/3 cup olive oil

Toss mixed greens, rotisserie chicken, blue cheese, walnuts and apple chips together in a large salad bowl. Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over salad. Serve immediately.

Serves 6.


Read more: "Fuji Apple Walnut Chicken Salad: This is one of those salad recipes your guests will beg you for. | Suite101.com" -http://healthycooking.suite101.com/article.cfm/fuji_apple_walnut_chicken_salad#ixzz0HTK3ZKPi&A

No comments: