Here is a super yummy and easy recipe to use up some of those apples!! From Allrecipes.com (called Apple Cake IV)
5 apples- peeled, cored and sliced
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 tsp. ground cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegi oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
4 tsp. white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
(As a note, I sliced and then diced the apples into tiny bits instead of just slicing. I also omitted the walnuts and doubled the topping....)
1) Preheat oven to 350 deg and lightly grease and flour a 9X13 pan.
2) Sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, set aside
3) In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 15 min. on high speed with an electric mixer (I got impatient and stopped after 5 min. and it was fine.) Add oil and blend in.
4) add flour mixture and mix well. Add vanilla. Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour batter into 9X13 in pan.
5) In a small bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for topping. Sprinkle over cake
6) Bake at 350 deg for 50-60 min. or until a toothpick inserted into middle comes out clean.
Enjoy!!! It was veeerrrrryyyy tasty!